Prices, surcharges and customs regulations for Svalbard
For letters you pay domestic postage and you must also fill in customs documentation for all consignments containing gifts/goods of value. You can obtain the self-adhesive form from Posten.
Some parcel services to and from Svalbard are subject to a fixed surcharge. The price does not apply to packages sent internally on Svalbard.
See price list for parcels to/from Svalbard
Customs rules for Svalbard
In customs terms, Svalbard is regarded as a foreign country and therefore the regular customs regulations for import and export apply.
- For all letters containing more than one standard letter and which have a value, you must complete a self-adhesive form that you can obtain from Posten. You enter the sender, recipient and specify the contents on this form.
- For packages to Svalbard, you use a Norgespakke™ and not a parcel abroad. In addition, customs documentation is required – fill out this customs invoice, which you print and attach it to the consignment. You will also receive customs invoice at Posten.
If you need to send from a company – see bring.no/english.
Consignments to Svalbard must undergo export customs clearance when (reason):
- The value of the contents exceeds NOK 5000
- For temporary export, for example, when something is to be sent abroad to be repaired and will be returned after repair.
- When re-exporting, for example, something is to be returned to a foreign country following a refund claim.
Posten can declare your packages to Svalbard. See Customs clearance in the price list.
The price surcharge applies to all package products shipped from/to these postal codes:
These products of Posten and Bring get the surcharge:
Business Parcel Door to Door
Business Parcel Door to Door Return
Business Parcel Express – Over night
Business Parcel Express – Over night Return
Business Parcel Postoffice
Business Parcel return
Parcel Bulk return
PickUp Parcel Bulk return
PickUp Parcel return
Norgespakke™ with CoD