Import duties on shipments from abroad
Sometimes the import duties are not paid together with the item and this must be charged by us.
This is what you do:
Shipments from abroad with unpaid import VAT and any customs duties will be cleared through Posten when they arrive in Norway.
- For shipments you receive in the letterbox, you will also receive a subsequent payment request.
- We ask that you pay the import duties as soon as possible and within the specified deadline. You can pay with Vipps or by card.
- For consignments that cannot be placed in your letterbox, you will be notified to pick up at Posten's delivery point and must then pay – or confirm – payment of import duties before the consignment is delivered.
Do you have any questions about shipments from abroad?
When you shop from foreign online stores/e-commerce sites, you are required to pay the import VAT before you use the item. If Norwegian taxes are not paid together with the goods in the online store, Posten will clear your goods when they arrive in Norway.
- Here you will find answers to questions in connection with shipments from abroad
- Here you will find information about services and prices related to purchases from abroad
- Further information about customs clearance and the exchange rates we use can be found at www.toll.no/en/online-shopping
- Read about how Posten processes your personal data during customs clearance
Do you have questions about import duties and payment?
Many providers use a third party when sending, so it may be this provider is listed as the sender in the system and not the original one from which you expect to be the sender. We recommend that you wait to pay until you receive the shipment in your mailbox or at your pick-up point. Then you can verify if this is your shipment.
We clear after an electronic message from the sender that contains the value and type of item. An automatic message is sent to you via the Posten app, Digipost or by letter. Digital alerts are sent the same day and your shipment can still be en route to your mailbox or pickup location.
If you have paid, but not received a receipt, we recommend that you check the spam folder to see if it may have ended up there.
In some cases, customers have been harmed by entering the wrong email address so that the mailing fails.
You can search for your shipment again in the service above. Here you will find a button marked "Print". You can also choose to download the receipt in PDF on the print page.
If you are not waiting for any shipment from abroad, please contact our customer service.
If you are waiting for a shipment from abroad, this may be the case. We recommend that you wait for payment until you have received the shipment in your mailbox or to your pick-up point. Many providers use a third party and it may be the one listed as the sender in the system and not the original provider.