Identification and mandates
Posten is concerned that the postal items are delivered to the correct recipient. Therefore, you must identify yourself before you get given a registered mail or value consignment. You may also have to show identification when picking up a package.
We do note that in some transactions the Posten representative is required to copy the identity document.
Documents approved as identification:
- Norwegian bank card with identification part (image with more)
- Norwegian driver license issued as of 1.1.1998
- Norwegian passport
- Norwegian immigration passport and travel document
- Foreign passport
- European identity card (Identity Card)*
* These are national ID cards that some European countries have. They are valid ID in the EU and Schengen countries (including Norway).
Nordic driver license is not approved as identification for PUM (Personal Delivery With Receipt) or other postal services.