Dangerous and forbidden content
There is a difference between what you as a private person or a business representative are allowed to ship. Are you representing a business, please proceed to bring.no.
You have to check the rules for what is allowed to ship to the individual countries, see our country overview.
Not everything can be shipped by air
Please note that various consumables such as batteries, aerosol cans, perfume and nail polish can not be sent by air. The prohibition also applies to articles with mounted battery, such as electric bicycles.
This can not be shipped by Posten:
- weapon and ammunition – see more about weapon and exceptions
- fireworks and other pyro technical equipment (as for example smoke bombs, smoke cartridges, blasting caps or dynamite)
- explosives and flammable substances
- alive and dead animals, including remains of dead animals – except for insects
- counterfeit goods/pirated goods
- valuable content in ordinary letters, for example precious stones, gold jewellery, money or securities
Are you unsure of what you are allowed to send, contact Posten and Bring customer service, private consumers 22 03 00 00 or business 04045.