Issue 21 February 2020: Personalised stamp
Hurtigruten has made sending a postcard a popular activity. Each ship sells its own stamps, and when the ships pass popular cities on their route, they also offer stamps and cancellations from the city.
Most people visiting Europe’s northernmost point at the North Cape like to send postcards with North Cape stamps, and in the North Cape Hall tourist centre they are busy selling postcards and personal stamps throughout the entire tourist season.
The post office in Longyearbyen on the island of Svalbard sells more stamps to tourists than anywhere else in Norway. People from all over the world visit Svalbard, and they naturally want to send a postcard home. It is probably no surprise that stamps depicting polar bears are a best-seller.
- NK 2024
- Motif: Instagram pictures
- Design: Kristin Slotterøy
- Photo: Kristin Slotterøy, Håvard Jørstad and Kristian Dyrseth
- Denomination: NOK 32 (Worldwide 20 grams)
- Issued in: Sheet of 20 stamps
- Print: Offset from Joh. Enschedé Security Print, The Netherlands