Issue 6th November 2020 Christmas stamps
Whether you’re looking for a wool sweater, cured meats or home-made marzipan treats, you’ll find all sorts of unique specialities and gifts at the Christmas markets.
One of the real delights of a market is the chance to wander around and soak up the atmosphere. Nowadays, there are well over 200 major Christmas markets throughout Norway during the run-up to Christmas.
As you stroll along the Norwegian streets with their thousands of Christmas illuminations, it’s difficult to imagine what this time of year would be like without electricity, but it was like that well into the 1900s.
Today, towns and villages across the country decorate their streets every year to create a truly magical pre-Christmas atmosphere.
- Date: 06.11.2020
- Number: NK 2042-2043
- Motif: Christmas markets and Christmas street at Maihaugen open-air museum in Lillehammer
- Design: Kristin Granli
- Photo: Paul Kleiven / NTB, Esben Haakenstad
- Denomination: NOK 17 x2 (domestic 20 grams)
- Issued in: Booklet of 10 stamps
- Print run: 2,100.000 of each stamp
- Print: Offset from Joh. Enschedé Security Print, The Netherlands