Completion of customs clearance documents
Private individuals must fill in customs documentation for all types of shipments abroad except postcards and regular letters. The information must now be digitally recorded due to common rules between the countries.
- For both letters and parcels, you can fill in address labels and customs papers via our web solution. This is cheaper than if Posten registers it for you.
- For parcel to Svalbard (use Norgespakken, but customs papers are also required here): Fill out this customs invoice and bring it with you to Posten. Address label for the Norgespakken can be purchased online.
- Companies must use a commercial invoice, or pro forma invoice if it is not about selling - see www.bring.no/english.
Important about customs documentation:
- Customs information are filled out in English, either on the adress label or in the self-service solution.
- Content should be described in detail with the number, weight, value and country of origin for each article. (If you have Customs Tariff Number * enter this.)
- Total weight and value (eg Norwegian kroner) are given for all content in the shipment.
- Remember to sign.
* More information about the Customs Tariff and the HS number/tariff number can be found at toll.no/en.