Use our online service
Send parcels abroad
Register all goods, gifts or items you are going to send. Although not all item lines appear on the address label, they will appear in the electronic customs information sent to the recipient country. The physical address label has limitations in relation to how large it can be.
- Choose whether the package is to be sent in Europe or abroad.
- Weigh the package and select weight from the drop-down menu. Use a baking scale, bathroom scale or luggage scale to weigh the shipment when it is wrapped. (For shipments to Svalbard – see which shipping method to use.)
- Check that the measurements do not exceed the maximum size, see further down under "Explanation of the price calculator".
- The next step is to fill in information about the sender, recipient and what the package contains (write this in English).
- Avoid return; write exactly what the content is in the customs document. For example, "Gift" does not hold.
- Information must be unique for each shipment/package.
and remember that in some cases you must fill in and attach an additional customs invoice (proforma invoice), see below.
- Note: For enterprises in Sweden and Denmark, you must fill out this customs invoice in addition.
- Pay the shipping.
- Take the package to one of our drop-off points and show the QR code on the receipt to an employee who prints an address label for you.
- NB! Address label must be printed by the staff; you can not use the self-service printers.
- Or print the documents at home – remember to sign the customs document.
- Bring the print and package to Posten.
- Request a plastic pocket for the documents. Attach the plastic pocket to the package with the address and barcode visible.
No printer at home?
Take the QR code you receive with you and show it to those standing at the counter at a Post i Shop. You must NOT print this on the self-service printers at the drop-off location; then you will receive an address label for Norway.
See price list below if you purchase at our delivery points instead of online.
Explanation of the price calculator:
For package abroad, the following restrictions apply:
- Packages can not be over 120 cm long, width over 60 cm and/or height over 60 cm. Check if the country has smaller maximum sizes.
- Parcels must have outer packaging
- Maximum 20 kilograms per parcel
- Packages can not have roll shape
The package can be shipped to the whole world, but tracking is limited to most countries in Europe and North America.
When you ship with Posten, you must attach a customs invoice (proforma invoice) in the following cases:
- to companies in Sweden and Denmark
- the content has a value from 5000 kroner, without restrictions
- the contents require a temporary export, such as goods for repair
- content returned such complaints or admission
- to Svalbard you buy Norgespakke™, and attach a customs invoice (proforma invoice)
You will receive a plastic pocket for the customs invoice (proforma invoice) at Posten.
Avoid return from the country of destination due to inadequate documentation or several shipments are linked to one joint customs invoice/customs documentation.
Forbidden content and restrictions
The package must not contain weapons, ammunition, live animals, remains, tobacco products, dangerous goods or valuable contents such as gold, silver, precious stones, coins, banknotes or securities. The content must also not exceed a value of 100,000.– kroner per package.
Price list for sending parcel abroad
If you choose Posten to carry out the customs registration, see prices in the column "Price at Posten".
|Kilo||Price at Posten||Price at posten.no||Price at Posten||Price at posten.no|