Pickup deadlines at Posten
For these shipments, you have a 3-week pick-up deadline:
- Letters that are too large for the mailbox (domestic and from abroad)
- Registered letter (domestic and from abroad)
- Insured letters
- Exceptions for parcels with only a physical pick-up notice (for example a parcel bought via country postman or parcels from abroad) which still have 14 days
For all other shipments, there is a 7-day pick-up deadline:
- For all shipments other than those mentioned above and which are delivered to a pick-up location, you have a 7-day pick-up deadline. For example, this now applies to:
- Norgespakke™ small
- Norgespakke™ large
- Norgespakke™ with postal collection
You can easily and free of charge extend the pick-up deadline from 7 to 14 days in the Posten app or via SMS.
Exceptions at certain times of the year
- Easter week: Shipments with a pick-up deadline that falls on Maundy Thursday up to and including the 2nd day of Easter will have the last pick-up deadline on the first working day (Tuesday) after the Easter week.
- July: shipments with a deadline of July 15th to July 31st will be returned on August 1st.
- December: shipments with a deadline of December 23rd to December 31st will be returned 3rd day after the new year.
- Note: Certain senders do not allow the deadline to be extended.
Shipments from abroad, which is stopped in customs clearance due to lack of customs documentation, has a feedback deadline of 14 days before shipments are returned to the sender.