Sending a parcel in Norway
Norgespakken is traceable and applicable for packages up to 35 kg. For loss or damage, compensation is given for up to NOK 10 000.
The delivery time is one to three business days, but on some stretches up to five. Delivery time is indicative.
This is how you do it:
- Wrap what you need to send. If you do not have a box or gray paper, you can buy packaging at Posten.
- Prepay online, print the address label, and attach the label to the package.
- Hand in the package at Posten..
You can also pay for this at Posten, but prepaying online is cheaper.
If you need to send a package to Svalbard, customs documents are required. Read more about how to do it.
Price depends on how heavy the package is and whether you pay online or at Posten.
|Weight||Buy at posten.no/en||Buy at Posten|
|Surcharge to/from Svalbard||295.–||295.–|
* Handling fee apply to
- Parcels without outer wrapping
- Parcels in roll shape
- Parcels where one side exceeds 120 cm, width over 60 cm and/or height over 60 cm
- Parcels cannot be longer than 240 cm and length + circumference 360 cm
Cash on delivery
If you need secure payment for the package, choose Norgespakken COD.
Question and answers about Norgespakken
• Parcels without outer wrapping
• Parcels in roll shape
• Parcels where one side exceeds 120 cm or two sides exceeds 60 cm
• Parcels cannot be longer than 240 cm and length + circumference 360 cm
A fixed cost applies per package: 129.-
Max weight: 35 kg
Max: up to 240 cm long, and length + circumference can be up to 360 cm.
For packages where one of the sides is over 120 cm or two of the sides is over 60 cm, an additional charge of 125.– for manual handling is calculated.
Minimum: 23 x 13 x 1 cm
When packages are not claimed within the deadline, it is returned the sender, who pays the same postage as for an equivalent new package.
Svalbard is considered to be abroad when it comes to price and customs. Read more about prices and customs regulations in Svalbard.
The pre-notification is stored for 3 months in our systems. The customer can use online address labels purchases within this time.
For loss or damage, compensation is given for up to NOK 10 000.
Posten is not liable for consequential damages, cf. Post's general terms of delivery, point 14.2. If you want insurance against consequential damages we refer to the service Express–Overnight, which has consequential damages as part of the product terms.