New address or got yourself a P.O.Box?
Notify us of change of address when moving
You can report relocation to both Posten and the National Population Register if using the online solution.
To ensure that you receive letters and parcels when you change your address, you must report the transfer to Posten. You can also consent to the change of address being sent to the National Population Register.
Then you get:
- The correct address in Posten Registries
- Correct address in the National Population Register
Letters sent through Posten are forwarded for free for two months. If you want the mail forwarded longer, you can order and pay for it. See the price list below.
Note: Mail that is forwarded will take up to two business days extra.
This is how it works
- Use BankID, or any of the other options that appears, and log in.
- Register your new address online and you will receive letters sent to your new address for two months.
- Pay with Visa or Mastercard for what you order over two months.
- At the same time, you can choose whether Posten will forward your new address to the National Population Register. You will receive a receipt from both Posten and the National Population Register.
The service must be ordered at least four business days before you move if you order online, and eight business days if you order at Posten.
Prices for further redirection of mail
|What is priced||Price|
|Redirection of parcels, per parcel||100.–|
Question & answers
- Yes, with some limitations. Shipments of items cannot be forwarded abroad due to customs declaration.
- For permanent change of address, newspapers and magazines will not be forwarded. Remember to update the publisher about your new address.
- All types of addressed mail distributed through Posten will be forwarded. Within Norway, it also applies to items sent in letters.
- Packages may be redirected for an additional fee paid by the receiver upon extradition. In this case, contact customer service.
- Sign in to My address or call customer service at 22 03 00 00.
- Remember the reference number on the order.
- We will stop sending the mail a few days before the period expires and will keep the mail for the rest of the time.
- Within Norway it is two business days, in Europe one week and the rest of the world two weeks.
- Use the form that can be found in the list below and deliver it to the post office or Post in Shop.
- Remember ID and certificate that shows that you can act on behalf of the deceased person.
- The price is the same as for regular temporary redirection of post.
Businesses can order temporary redirection of mail by filling out the form that can be downloaded from bring.no/en.
- Yes, but you must present written documentation that you have been appointed as guardian/assistant guardian, and the mandates you have as guardian. In addition, you must identify yourself when you submit the change of address.
- Read more about identification and mandates.
New mail receiver in Norway?
Please let us know if you are a new postal recipient in Norway, or if you have a new family member. Use this form or go to My Address.