A simple and affordable alternative for packages under 5 kg
- Wrap it up
- Check that the shipment is within length 35 cm x width 25 cm x height 12 cm
- Buy shipping digitally, and write on the sending code
- Put it in your mailbox or deliver it to Posten
- Delivered in the mailbox
Shipping can only be purchased digitally at posten.no or in the Posten app and you will receive a receipt by e-mail. The package is first tracked from the scan at the sorting terminal.
The maximum dimensions are length 35 x width 25 x height 12 cm and the minimum dimensions are 9 x 14 cm. Delivery time is 2-4 working days, but on some routes 5 days.
In the event of loss or damage, compensation is given for up to 2,500 kroner.
How to send the package:
- Wrap tightly what you are going to send. Feel free to use used packaging. You can also buy a custom box at Posten for 22 kroner
- Measure and weigh the package; check that the shipment is within length 35 cm x width 25 cm x height 12 cm (it must fit in a normal mailbox). Is it too large or too heavy, select this option: Norgespakke™ large.
- Register the package and pay online; choose whether it should be picked up from your mailbox or you want to deliver it to Posten yourself.
- Write the code (preferably with a dark marker on a white background) in the middle of the package where the address of the recipient is normally written. Write it like this:
- Feel free to write your name and address on the back of the shipment.
- If you have ordered pick-up in the mailbox, you will receive an SMS when the mailman has picked up the package.
- If you deliver the package to Posten you will receive an SMS when the package is at the terminal for sorting.
- You will be notified when the shipment has been delivered.
If you need to send a package to Svalbard, customs documents are required. Read more about how to do it.
Prices for Norgespakke™ small
Maximum dimensions: up to length 35 cm x width 25 cm x height.
|Weight||Price when delivered at Posten||Price when sent from your mailbox|
|Up to 5 kg||70.–||79.–|
|Surcharge to/from Svalbard from June 1st 2023||100.–||100.–|
Question and answers about Norgespakke™ small
If the package is picked up by the mailman or received over the counter, we must do a search to find it. Did you include sender or recipient information on the shipment? Are there any special features on the package? Please contact our customer service.
No, only payment solution over the web and the code you receive is valid for this service.
No, but you will receive an SMS confirming the submission when it has arrived at the terminal.
Yes, we must have a mobile number on the recipient. We have chosen to notify this type of shipment only via the Posten app or SMS. Then the recipient receives a faster notification that the shipment is on its way, when it has been placed in the mailbox or where the recipient can pick up the shipment if it does not fit.
You can not order pickup from your own mailbox if the shipment does not fit. Deliver the package to Posten.
You can, for example, enter into an agreement on a fixed place of delivery at home and have packages left where you want, or buy a larger mailbox if possible.
No, not yet, but it's coming soon.
We need the code to send the package through our systems. Contact our customer service for assistance.
The package weighs more than 5 kg or has a size exceeds 35 x 25 x 12 cm. The package has been converted into an ordinary Norgespakke and invoiced for the intermediate plus handling costs.
Updating in tracking only takes place when the package has been processed at the terminal.
Unfortunately, this is primarily a service between individuals and single packages. You can of course also use the service as a company, but then this is the limitation.
If the package exceeds the maximum size (35 cm long, 25 cm wide and 12 cm thick), it does not fit in a regular mailbox and will be changed to Norgespakke™ large. The package will be forwarded for delivery at the recipient's collection point and not to the mailbox. You will be billed for missing shipping and a surcharge.
No, cash on delivery can only be used on Norgespakke™ large.
Write the code preferably with a black marker on a light background. Write it over 3 lines in the middle of the broadcast and be careful so that you get all the numbers and in the right order. You do not need to write the recipient's address, but feel free to write your own address on the back.
Svalbard is considered foreign when it comes to prices and customs. Read about surcharges and customs regulations for Svalbard.
You must use the code within 30 days.