Use the tool below to send a package abroad and prepare everything at home.
- Wrap well in what you are sending.
- Choose weight and where the package should be sent.
- Fill out the customs document, address card and pay for the shipping.
Note: For enterprises in Sweden, you must also fill out this customs invoice.
- Print the documents and remember to sign the customs document.
- Bring the print and package to Posten.
- Request a plastic pocket for the documents. Attach the plastic pocket to the package with address and barcode visible.
Find price and fill out customs documents
See price list below if you purchase at our delivery points instead of online.
Explanation of the price calculator:
For package abroad, the following restrictions apply:
- Packages can not be over 120 cm long, width over 60 cm and/or height over 60 cm
- Parcels must have outer packaging
- Maximum 20 kilograms per parcel
- Packages can not have roll shape
The package can be shipped to the whole world, but tracking is limited to most countries in Europe and North America.
Forbidden content and restrictions
The package must not contain weapon, ammunition, live animals, relics, tobacco products, dangerous or valuable content such as gold, silver, precious stones, coins, banknotes or securities. The content must not exceed a value of 100,000.– kroner per parcel.
Some countries have lower maximum dimensions and maximum weight, and the countries might have different regulations concerning what is allowed to ship. For more information about special regulations for each country (in Norwegian only).
All packages sent out of Norway must be customs cleared. The customs authority, both in Norway and in the recipient countries, requires that various customs documentation are attached to your shipment. If information is missing or if the documents are incomplete, the shipment may be delayed. As the sender, you are responsible for adding the correct information about your shipment.
Essentially, all consignments containing more than one regular letter must be processed in customs.
And the Customs Service requires goods to be cleared/declared in the following cases:
- Packages in a value in excess of 5000.– kroner.
- Packages to be returned.
- Packages sent temporarily out of Norway. For example, goods for repair.
Customs clearance is included in the price you pay for sending a parcel abroad.
Price list for sending parcel abroad*
|Price at Posten||Price at posten.no/en|
|Basic price Europe||345.–||274.–|
|Additional per kilogram from first kilogram, Europe||25.–||25.–|
|Basic price rest of the world||345.–||274.–|
|Additional per kilogram from first kilogram, rest og the world||60.–||60.–|
*Customs information must be registered digitally. A free self-service solution is available at posten.no/en. Alternatively, Posten will carry out the registration for NOK 38.– (see column Price at Posten).